Hello Home Doctor Service is a fully accredited Medical Deputising Service provider. We offer a after-hours home visiting Doctor service to Patients at their home or an aged-care facility on behalf of the Regular GP.
Hello Home Doctor Services offers a bulk billed, Doctor home visit in the following after-hours period: –
WEEKNIGHTS from 6pm until 8am the following morning
WEEKENDS from 12pm Saturday to 8am Monday
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS all day on public holidays including the Ipswich Show Day
For care outside of these times, we suggest you seek medical care by calling or visiting: –
– To provide the highest standard of patient care incorporating a holistic approach toward diagnosis and management of illness;
– To provide continuity of care by working in conjunction with General Practices, nursing homes and aged care facilities;
– To not discriminate in the provision of excellent care and aim to treat all patients with the upmost due respect including encouraging and promoting a healthier community; and
– To foster a culture of collaboration, respect and mutual recognition and we make a commitment to ensuring continuous quality improvement within our service.
CONTINUITY OF CARE
Evidence suggests that communication between a doctor and patient is improved when a good relationship exists between both parties and Hello Home Doctor Service feels that it is imperative to provide that relationship for continuity of care.
A patient report is completed for every patient seen by a doctor from Hello Home Doctor Service. We endeavour to send a copy of the patient report to your nominated general practitioner for their records. To help us keep your medical care continuous, we ask that you have the name of your general practitioner or medical centre available at the time of making a booking to see a doctor after hours.
Our Doctors are fully equipped to treat acute and episodic conditions. Our Doctors carry both a supply of emergency medicines and a majority of normally prescribed medicines. These can be administered when an initial dose of medication if necessary and a prescription provided which can be filled in the morning.
All calls will be triaged as per the Department of Health guidelines and Patients requesting a visit for clinical matters that are outside the scope of deputised care will be referred to regular GP for follow up care.
Examples of clinical matters that are outside the scope of deputised care include: –
– Health promotion activity that requires ongoing care;
– Management of chronic disease;
– Procedures that require resuscitation facilities;
– Procedures that may good illumination or specific equipment;
– Certification i.e. Driving Licence medicals.
No patient is refused access to clinical assessment or medical treatment on the basis of gender, race, disability, Aboriginality, age, religion, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual preference or medical condition. Provisions are implemented to ensure patients with a disability can access our services.
Hello Home Doctor Service bulk-bills all patients registered with Medicare or Veterans Affairs (DVA).
Alternatively, if not registered with Medicare but private health insurance (including international students with overseas student health cover – OSHC) is available with an accredited insurer, the payment will be processed directly via your healthcare provider. Accredited insurers include Allianz, Medibank, NIB, Bupa and AHM.
Otherwise, a payment of $200 will be incurred and payment is required via credit card at the time of booking. We do not accept cheques.
Hello Home Doctor Service welcomes suggestions for improvement and responds to concerns raised in a timely manner. Feedback can be provided via the following options: –
– Email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Send a letter
– Call our office during business hours on 134 100
In the event your concerns have not been addressed satisfactorily, patients are able to bring the matter tothe :-
– QLD – Office of the Health Ombudsman by calling 133 646 or by email email@example.com
– SA – Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner by calling 1800 232 007 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICE INFORMATION SHEET